The difficult or infrequent passage of stool, solidity of stool, or a feeling of incomplete evacuation is known as constipation. Many people are suffering from constipation these days mainly due to improper diets (low in fiber and liquids), lack of physical activity and sometimes due to the cause of diseases such as colon cancer and diverticulitis. Many people incorrectly believe that daily defecation is necessary and complain of constipation if stools occur less frequently. Constipation can be easily cured if we become a little conscious about our diet and our physical health.
Preventive Measures of Constipation Management
- Consume foods high in fiber like: soaked quinoa, oats, whole wheat, almonds and pecans. Vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, peas are also considered as very effective.
- Fruits with skin on, if age is appropriate: Banana, apples, oranges, mango, berries, avocado. But make sure to avoid foods which are high in starches or low in nutrients such as, packed foods, processed grains like, rice, pasta and breads or any grains after 10 months from manufactured date.
- Yoga eases constipation, as the moving body improves the carriage of food and waste materials through the bowels.
Constipation Management Tips
There are also some home remedies which are really helpful as well. some of Constipation management tips are:
- Squeeze the juice from half of lemon into a glass of warm water. Optionally, add a pinch of rock salt or table salt and drink it once or twice a day.
- Take 2 or 3 almonds and dried figs, soak them in water for some hours. Afterwards, peel the almonds and grind the ingredients. You may take this paste with 1 tablespoon honey at night time.
- Moreover, you may also use the next tips where you can mix 1 table spoon each of honey and lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Dry and hard stools are the common cause of constipation, so the more water you add in your body the easier it will be to pass the stool. Therefore, during constipation men should object to drink at least 13 cups or 3 liters of fluid per day. Whereas, for women they must aim to drink at least 2 liters of liquid per day. But while going for liquid items you must not count caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they are totally harmful during those days.