A condition in which the force of the blood against the artery walls is too high. It is very common more than 3 million US cases per year.
Usually hypertension is defined as blood pressure above 140/90, and is considered severe if the pressure is above 180/120.
High blood pressure often has no symptoms. Over time, if untreated, it can cause health condition, such as heart disease and stroke.
Eating a healthier diet with less salt, exercising regularly and taking medications can help lower blood pressure.
Before reaching a diagnosis of High blood pressure
- Don’t get panic with one high reading of Blood pressure.
- Only one high reading of blood pressure does not means you are suffering from high blood pressure.
- Record on two different occasions, Preferably 15 days apart Quiet condition
- Record in sitting and supine position.
Top 10 Tips for controlling high blood pressure
- Check your blood pressure regularly.
- Take your blood pressure medicine as directed. If you are having trouble, as your doctor what can be done to make it easier.
- Eat a healthy diet that is high in fruits and vegetables and low in sodium, saturated fats, trans fat and cholesterol.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Participate in 30 minutes of moderate physical activity on most days of the week.
- Quit smoking and if you don’t smoke, don’t start. Smoking multiplies the risks of high blood pressure.
- Avoid second hand smoke.
- Manage stress through activities you find relaxing.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink (no more than one drink each day for women and two for men).
- Support a family member or close friend with high blood pressure by preparing healthy meals, taking walks and managing stress together.
Reduce Blood Pressure Naturally
- Drink Green Smoothies
- Eat Ruby Grapefruit
- Drink 2 liters of water per day
- Exercise 1 hour each day
- Eats lots of fruit and vegetables
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Manage Stress
- Increase potassium rich foods, such as bananas, tomatoes and zucchini
- Replace Iodize salt with Himalayan Salt
- Take up Yoga and Medication